Great Falls Plastic Surgeon
I went into medicine to be like my grandfather, Dr. Valentinas Plioplys, a cardiologist in Lithuania who fled to America during the second world war. What I remember most clearly about my grandfather were his hands. When you held his hand, he held you, with love, respect, and understanding. That warmth still fills me when I hold his hands. Now, I hold them in my heart.
Although I had every intention of becoming a general practice doctor, my talent was in surgery. Here was a way to marry knowledge and hands to change lives. I fell in love with plastic surgery on a trip to Puerto Rico, where I had the chance to be part of a team providing ear reconstructions to children born without ears. I never looked back.
After completing medical school in Chicago, and plastic surgery training in Seattle, I was drawn to Great Falls Montana for the opportunity to serve good people suffering with a wide variety of problems. Our office treats conditions ranging in severity from cancer to that little wrinkle on your forehead. I always remember that every problem is serious when it is your own. My goal is to make peoples’ lives better in big ways and small. I want to get to know you, your life, and share some part of your humanity. My greatest honor, and responsibility, is the trust placed in my hands.
- School: 2007 – 2008 University of Washington, Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery
- 2002 – 2007 University of Washington, Plastic Surgery Residency
- 1998 – 2002 University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, MD, June 2002 – AOA Valedictorian, Selected teacher pathophysiology, NIH summer research award
- Residency: University of Washington, Plastic Surgery Residency
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons